About Valerie Rogers
Salmon Arm Artist Valerie Rogers
Valerie Rogers is a watercolour and acrylic artist. She paints in-depth visual studies of nature and its creatures in their own quiet places. She focuses on the natural beauty around her and translates it to art on canvas. A Canadian artist and horse lover living in the interior of British Columbia, she is surrounded by the natural beauty of the region. The mountains circling her studio are full of the wildlife she loves to paint. Hiking and horseback riding in those mountains gives her the chance to get really close to her inspiration.
Some recent awards include:
- AcrylicWorks 6, Best of Acrylic Art Artist 2019
- Ducks Unlimited Canadian National Portfolio Artist 2018
- BC Wildlife Federation Artist of the Year 2016
- GOABC Artist of the Year 2014
- Silver Finalist BC Wildlife Federation Artist of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015
- People Choice Award 2012 Shuswap Lake Festival
- Silver Finalist Trout Unlimited Canada 2012
- John Edgar Patterson Award 2010
- BC Wildlife Federation Artist of the Year 2008
International Artist Magazine featured 8 pages of her artwork and creative process. She exhibits regularly in the Okanagan and Shuswap. She is a Signature member of Artists for Conservation Society, an active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, International Guild of Realism, Society of Canadian Artists and the Shuswap District Arts Council. Her paintings are in collections around the world.