About Valerie Rogers
Salmon Arm Artist Valerie Rogers
The intense awareness of animals has always have been a part of me…my life….my happiness….I need that connection. As a wildlife painter I am elated to discover many people feel just the same. That they too are connected at the very centre of their being to nature, to the wild world and the creatures it contains. EarthMates…those living creatures that live with us side by side on this awesome planet. Somehow painting them and bringing them inside affirms that feeling of unity. It brings nature in close to us, banishes the distance that our modern life can impose and confirms that all of nature is linked to all of us.
As a Canadian artist living in the interior of British Columbia, I am surrounded by the natural beauty of this region. The mountains circling my studio are full of wildlife to paint. Hiking and horseback riding in these mountains gives me the chance to get really close to my inspiration.
Some of my artistic accomplishments include:
- AcrylicWorks 6, Best of Acrylic Art Artist 2019
- Ducks Unlimited Canadian National Portfolio Artist 2018
- BC Wildlife Federation Artist of the Year 2016
- GOABC Artist of the Year 2014
- Silver Finalist BC Wildlife Federation Artist of the Year 2013, 2014, 2015
- People Choice Award 2012 Shuswap Lake Festival
- Silver Finalist Trout Unlimited Canada 2012
- John Edgar Patterson Award 2010
- BC Wildlife Federation Artist of the Year 2008
International Artist Magazine has featured 8 pages of my artwork and creative process. It is a pleasure to be a Signature member of Artists for Conservation Society, an active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, International Guild of Realism, Society of Canadian Artists and the Shuswap District Arts Council.